The European Union has created a website to support consumers in submitting complaints about any dispute they are involved in. In this context, FWFI – FRESHWOOD FORMS INDUSTRY, LDA (from now on abbreviated as “FRESHWOOD”) provides all the information so that you can exercise your right of complaint with an official, third party and impartial entity to the process (“resolution entity of disputes”) that will help you to resolve the dispute in question.
So, if you are dissatisfied with the solution presented by FRESHWOOD to resolve the situation, you can access the official website (https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage) and raise your objection.
WHAT IS ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION?
Alternative dispute resolution is the possibility that all consumers have at their disposal to resort to official entities that help them in the resolution or guidance of any conflict before opening litigation in the Courts.
As a general rule, the procedure is as follows: the customer asks an impartial third party to act as an intermediary between him and the merchant who is the subject of his complaint. The intermediary can suggest a solution to your complaint, impose a solution on both parties, or bring the parties together to find a solution.
You may know the concept of alternative dispute resolution by another name: ‘mediation’, ‘conciliation’, ‘arbitration’ or ‘committee responsible for consumer disputes’.
Alternative dispute resolution is, as a rule, less expensive, less formal and faster than the judicial route.
FRESHWOOD makes available the websites of some of these entities that may help you to present your arguments.
SUGGESTIONS FOR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION ENTITIES:
- CNIACC – National Center for Information and Arbitration of Consumer Disputes: www.cniacc.pt/pt/
- Lisbon Consumer Dispute Arbitration Center: www.centroarbitragemlisboa.pt/
- Vale do Ave Consumer Dispute Arbitration Center/Tribunal Arbitral: www.triave.pt/
- CIAB – Consumer Information, Mediation and Arbitration Center (Consumer Arbitration Court): www.ciab.pt/pt/</ a>
- CIMPAS – Information, Mediation and Insurance Provider Center: www.cimpas.pt/pt